Significant contract, commercial, and business tort litigation is a staple of our practice. We have regularly litigated such disputes on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants.
Representative Matters include:
- Currently defending litigation in Superior Court for the District of Columbia by a Spanish corporation against U.S. and China-based venture capital firms based upon a failed contract for the purchase of multiple cargoes of natural gas for the Chinese market.
- Represented a plaintiff in federal court litigation against a Fortune 100 technology company for breach of a software development and license agreement. Successfully resolved in favor of our client on the eve of trial.
- Represented a Fortune 50 technology company in an action by former shareholders for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and conspiracy. After successful demurrer, case was settled for substantially less than costs of defense.
- Represented contractor sued by a foundation for a California State University. Firm assumed the representation after the trial court in Orange County had granted summary adjudication against client for $18 million in disgorgement. After writ proceedings and mediation, the claim was settled with no financial contribution by the client.
- Represented real estate developer in an arbitration against the title insurer after discovery that the development property was approximately 15% shorter than what was insured. Obtained multi-million dollar award in favor of the client.
We invite you to learn more about our firm, our practice areas, and our team.